Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 29, Issue 10 .... eBay bidding.

To: jdp3@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 29, Issue 10 .... eBay bidding.
From: "Harold B. Mandel" <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 21:04:37 -0400
Dear John,

Oftentimes, financial situations deteriorate for older folks
and liquidation of ham gear becomes a sad but necessary
step for families to keep going.

There are pieces of equipment I treasure, and they are
sporting scratches from being moved around from QTH to QTH over
the years.

I have Porta Brace professional camera bags, sewed for my
field gear special by the factory, and after 20 years they
don't look new but they sure work great.

So yes, I would apologize, and I did when a ham up in Ohio
bought my Lafayette KT-200 receiver and it was kinda rough
from 45 years of flinging, but the Buyer sent me an e-mail saying
he understood, and gave me a positive feedback too.

Just like a QSL card, the icing on the cake is completely
unnecessary, but what a good feeling.

Hal
W4HBM