Re: [Amps] Orientation

To: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@ic24.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Orientation
From: Paul Higginson <GW8IZR@greenrover.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 22:48:32 +0100
In message <009101c55277$33ad2be0$0301a8c0@home>, Steve Thompson
<g8gsq@ic24.net> writes

>> I've heard from some sources that the structure of the tube can change
>> internally as it gets warm / hot and that changes to the tuning is
>> minimised by vertical mounting.
>Can't see the orientation affecting it myself.
>
>GS35 pics:

That's interesting to see.

I've never cut up a GS23 as "at the moment" I haven't got a duff one..
But I'm led to believe that the GS23 tetrode is a central cathode
surrounded by grids / anode. From the description it's a coaxial
structure.

I think I can imagine what it looks like but I'm not going to cut up a
good tube to confirm it :-)

I suppose depending on how the screen(s) are supported would affect how
central ( symmetric ) it all stays during changes in temp.

Of course this is all conjecture on my part and as no one else apart
from your good self has expressed an opinion here.. I guess it's a suck
it and see job.

Regards Paul

--
73 de Paul GW8IZR