Re: [Amps] Orientation

To: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@ic24.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Orientation
From: Paul Higginson <GW8IZR@greenrover.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 19:03:39 +0100
In message <003a01c5524d$f635af40$0301a8c0@home>, Steve Thompson
<g8gsq@ic24.net> writes
>Paul Higginson wrote:
>> In message <001f01c5522e$c2a08480$0301a8c0@home>, Steve Thompson
>> <g8gsq@ic24.net> writes
>>> Having opened one up, the construction is such that it doesn't
>>> matter a jot. Be sure to have a good support for the anode cooler,
>>> though!
>I need to correct myself - the tube I opened up was GS35, not GS23, although
>I expect the internal construction is substantially the same, and my
>comments apply.

Thanks for the clarification Steve, anyone with further information
please jump right in.

I've heard from some sources that the structure of the tube can change
internally as it gets warm / hot and that changes to the tuning is
minimised by vertical mounting.

Anyone agree or disagree please?

Regards Paul
--