Re: [Amps] Air

To: craxd1@ezwv.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Air
From: G3rzp@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 14:51:43 EDT

In a message dated 06/05/2005 15:52:56 GMT Standard Time, craxd1@ezwv.com
writes:

Does any  on here use air tools in their electronics shop?

No, but I know a number of model engineers who do. Usual problem is that  the
air reservoir isn't big enough for continuous tool use. A lot depends on the
level of usage: if there's just you using it, a small one may be OK, but if
there's much demand, small ones usually run out of air (gasp!). Ait
scredrivers  used for a lot of screws can have problems. I suspect a 'pancake
tank' may
be a  bit small - you reallyw ant several litres of cvapcity, although that's
more  pronounced if you wnat to use it for driving a blow torch or similar,
such as  for silver soldering a small locomotive boiler in copper.

You also need to watch that there's suitable drainage equipment to let  water
out. Personally, in the small shop, I'm inclined to stick to electricity
where possible. But, as ever, YMMV.

73

Peter G3RZP