Re: [Amps] Air

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Air
From: "Larry Carman" <lncarman@swbell.net>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 15:45:39 -0500
Will, I have a fairly new HuskyPro from Home Depot. It's supposed to be 5 HP
with 5.8 CFM delivered at 90 psi and 6.6 CFM at 40 psi. The tank volume is
26 gallons. I wouldn't go less than the 26 gallons. No problem running 3/8
air ratchet with it or even the 1/2 impact wrench. The small Husky air disk
sander I use requires lots of CFM and the air compressor has a really tuff
time keeping up. I believe the electric air sanders are superior. 90 psi on
the 3/8 air ratchet & 1/2 impact wrench serve adequately.  Also have an air
chisel which does ok with the setup. I would steer clear of the high speed,
no maintenance air compressors that Home Depot sales. I had one of those and
it didn't last. The motor ran much too hot for me. All in all, I'm satisfied
with the 5HP HuskyPro. I also bought a set of Senco air devices ( finish
nailer, medium stapler, brad nailer ) which comes in very handy around the
house.

I'm sure there's better places to purchase from, but Home Depot is close and
they don't give me too much hassel when returning things.
Regards,
Larry N5BIP