Re: [Amps] questions on my tranformer test

To: "Dr. William J. Schmidt, II" <bill@wjschmidt.com>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] questions on my tranformer test
From: "kenw2dtc" <kenw2dtc@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 16:07:20 -0400
Dr,
I agree with you on measuring the wire size; however, upon investigation the
secondary terminals are fed with , thick flat copper bus which has much more
area then the actual secondary wires, so I'm not going to tear open the
beast to find the wires.   A couple of other gentlemen suggested that maybe
the transformer has a 2 amp rating, so for the heck of it I will run the
test for another 5 or 6 hours at 2 amps and check the temperature again.

73,
Ken W2DTC