Re: [Amps] questions on my transformer test

To: <amps@contesting.com>, "Will Matney" <craxd@engineer.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] questions on my transformer test
From: "kenw2dtc" <kenw2dtc@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 01:09:49 -0400
Will,
I agree with you on measuring the wire size; however, upon investigation the
secondary terminals are fed with , thick flat copper bus which has much more
area then the actual secondary wires, so I'm not going to tear open the
beast to find the wires.   A couple of other gentlemen suggested that maybe
the transformer has a 2 amp rating, so for the heck of it I ran the test for
6 hours at 2.0 amps and the internal temperature was 144.   The first few
hours
did yield about 110 degrees as you suggested.

73,
Ken W2DTC