Re: [Amps] HV Switch Mode Power Supplies

To: crazytvjohn@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV Switch Mode Power Supplies
From: John Irwin <crazytvjohn@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:37:30 -0700 (PDT)
Hi
Be advised that some Panasonic microwave in the late 90' used switch mode power
supplies and were light as a feather.  Find one in the junk and check it out.
They are at about 2300vdc give or take a little.

john kb9tc

"DUGAS, JASON A. (JSC-EP) (NASA)" <jason.a.dugas@nasa.gov> wrote:
I have seen very little discussion in the amateur community for HV Switch
Mode Power supplies in conjunction with RF amplifiers. With the increased
difficulty of finding 60Hz 2400VAC transformers as well as the light-weight
advantages of using switch mode power supplies, I'm surprised there has been
no discussion thus far for homebrewing these for amateur use.

Jason
KB5URQ