Re: [Amps] HV Switch Mode Power Supplies

To: gdaught6@stanford.edu, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV Switch Mode Power Supplies
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:09:34 -0400
I'd assume that the power supply would be put into a box with line filters
and DC filters as well.
You want to make  sure that there is no 40 KHz switching noise on the HV to
the amplifier because it would plate modulate it producing  40 KHz
sidebands. However, I have found in other work that I have done that
getting rid of the DC output noise is relatively easy.

73
Bill wa4lav