[Amps] Drake L-4B FS

To: "Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Drake L-4B FS
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 20:43:10 -0500
I have a mint condition Drake L4-B for sale.  The power supply has been
reworked with all new modern caps and large silicon rectifiers.  These mods
were done by a NASA engineer working here in Houston.  I understand the
transformer is from Peter Dahl.  It is wired for 240V and comes with 6 foot
power cord.  The engineer also replaced the parasitic circuits with modern
components and added an RCA socket for relay connection.  The two Eimac
3-500Z tubes are virtually new, with only a few hours of operation.
Bandswitch and rockers are in perfect condition.

Using my Orion at 100 watts as exciter I get over 1000 watts key-down at
28.440MHz as measured by an Alpha 4510 meter.  At this point plate voltage
is 2400, plate current is 700ma and grid current is 195ma.

Delivery available to US or Canadian amateurs only.  Price: $650 plus
shipping.

I really hate to give up this gem, but I just yielded to temptation and
ordered an Alpha Omega.  It is scheduled for delivery next month and I must
make room for it.

73 Keith NM5G