Re: [Amps] Chassis construction question 2

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Chassis construction question 2
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 21:47:01 -0400
Jim,

I forgot to add, if you have punches that you run in by hand, a good investment
is using a thrust bearing. If the bolt is too short for one, try using a bronze
washer with oil, or buy a longer grade 8 bolt and use either a ball or roller
thrust bearing. You can buy thrust bearings cheap at local power
transmission/bearing distributors. You would think they are expensive, but even
Timken roller thrust bearings are not that bad. INA makes them too (ball
bearing type), and are cheap where they're an Asian import. The distributors
can help you here, just ask them for the cheapest one they have. The smaller
punches use a 3/8" fine thread, and I think the others are 5/8" F.T. and 3/4"
F.T.

What I can't see is the price they want for square and rectangular punches!
They are rediculous in price!!!

Best,

Will