Re: [Amps] henry 8k roller coil issue

To: "Bob Wruble" <w7gg@comcast.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] henry 8k roller coil issue
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 08:00:46 -0700
Seen one of those roller wheels out of a 5k model that had spiked edges that
looked as if they could pierce paper. Owner and I guessed (probably correct)
that this was due to arcing that occurred while amp was *WAY* out of tune
Owner had to find a small job machine shop and had one made to his specs.
Want to recall that new item was made so the outsides of the wheel were about
half way past the diameter of the coil.
Maybe you ask someone who has a Henry to peek inside to see where the edge of
the wheel stops at?
Another idea: contact "Radio Dan." I have heard he has parts for some of the
Henry amps. His last known url is: www.radiodan.com
Best of luck to you on this,
73,
Gary... wa6fgi