Re: [Amps] FW: AMERITRON AL-1500 ????

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] FW: AMERITRON AL-1500 ????
From: "John Vickers" <wa4tt@nlamerica.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 19:01:38 -0400
To: "Jose M. Valdes R. YV5LIX"

Rich Measures said:
José --- The Al-1500 is the only manufactured HF 8877 amplifier on this
planet that has no parasite suppressor.  My free advice is that this is
not is not good engineering practice.

Jose, Beware--- free advice may be worth just what you pay for it.
I've been using a AL 1200 converted to an 8877 for several years. It has no
parasitic suppressor and has performed fine. In fact the tube is over 30
years old and still puts out full power. It has been subjected to some
pretty harsh treatment and keeps right on working. You will be pleased with
the AL 1500---
73, John WA4TT