[Amps] AL-1500 - Thanks Herve, F5HRY

To: Hervé BIRAUD <f5hry@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: [Amps] AL-1500 - Thanks Herve, F5HRY
From: <k5go@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:46:53 -0400
Herve,

Thank you so much for your helpful suggestion.  The diode was bad, I replaced
it, and the amplifier works perfectly again.  I am feeling good again!

The only diodes I had were 1000V/2.5A.  Do I need to get a 1A diode instead?

I learned a good, inexpensive lesson and will not try a used tube again without
prior testing.

Stan, K5GO