Re: [Amps] Mobile amp

To: craxd1@verizon.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Mobile amp
From: Bill Aycock <baycock@direcway.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 11:38:02 -0500
Will-
Several peculiarities- This thing is small- if I compared right, it's only
about 5 inches wide. The text says it's for 40M to 10M, which, if true,
means it is "no tune". I would bet it is 11M, but there are a LOT of
Ferrite cored assemblies, of several sizes. The heat sink is full length,
but there is no fan.
If anyone can identify it, it would solve some puzzles. I'm curious.
Bill

At 06:35 AM 8/14/2005 -0400, Will Matney wrote:

>I ran across this on ebay for any who might want to convert an 11 meter
>mobile over to an amateur amp. I don't know who's building these as this
>brand is a new one on me but by the looks of the inside, it's made pretty
>good. It doesn't say what the transistors are but most likely 2SC2879's. A
>larger cabinet would be needed if installing a filter board. I can't tell
>what class this amp is but may be class C. That can be converted easy by
>adding a bias circuit for each set of transistors. At least this one uses
>an etched board with heavy traces. The splitter and combiners cores are
>the correct size too. For any interested, below is the link;
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/Trucker-450v-Linear-Amp-Excellent-Condition_W0QQitemZ5798809242QQcategoryZ48700QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>

>Best,
>
>Will

Bill Aycock - W4BSG