[Amps] power supply capacitors

To: Amps Reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] power supply capacitors
From: mike kendall <ke6cvh@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 07:59:06 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

  Just wanted to do a QA on some capacitors that I've been buying on Ebay.
They are Cornell Dublier 400wvdc 560ufarad caps.  Intention is to put them in
series for 4kv at 56 ufarads.  These caps are so tiny that it makes me wonder
if there is a power handling capability per cap that I should be concerned with
or if they should be fine.  Other concern is how many years can these be useful
compared to a standard oil filled cap?

73,

Mike