Re: [Amps] 4-1000 Amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4-1000 Amp
From: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@socket.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:56:38 -0500

------------------------------

Dear Rich,

1. What anode voltage and current is your supply rated at?
        It is a transformer I had originally planned to use with a 8877
class tube but got the deal on the 4-1000's, it has 3600v ac sec now fed
with a autotransformer and my high line voltage I can get 45000 ac no
load ,secondary is 18gage wire original at 1 amp CCS. 3 caps
100Mfd@2000vdc in series, 33Mfd@6000Vdc
2. What resistance and wattage bleeder did you go with?
          6pc 50w 103k total ohms
3. Did you use a 200 to 400 watt, 25 ohm anode protection resistor? NO
4. Did you step-start the anode supply? Yes
5. Did you incorporate a HV shutoff with a vacuum relay? NO
6. Are you planning on using a vacuum variable TUNE capacitor to
withstand the HV?
 I will later on if I can make it all work first with 40M monobander,
then add VV cap and B&W 850a ,now have a homemade variable cap.
7. Are you going to go with Grounded Grid or Grid Drive?
 Not sure want to keep it simple for my first amp .

        Rich, kd0zz

Questions, questions!

Thanks,

Hal Mandel