Re: [Amps] Is there any VISIBLE difference of 4CX1000A and 4CX1500B ??

To: ulli@planet.nl, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Is there any VISIBLE difference of 4CX1000A and 4CX1500B ??
From: "wc6w@juno.com" <wc6w@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:28:00 GMT
Hi Ulli,
  Look through the fins.

  4CX1000A fins are internally flat.

  4CX1500B fins have small convolutions in each fin.

73 & Good morning,
  Marv WC6W

-- "Ulli Grunow" <ulli@planet.nl> wrote:
Hi there,
Can someone tell me, how to distinguish visually a 4CX1000A from a
4CX1500B from outside ?!?

There is no printed label anymore visible. The tube in question is used
and comes from a marine equipment manufacturer DEBEC (Germany)

Is there any difference, so that looking on the tube we can definitely
say that it is a 4CX1000A or 4CX1500B ?!
Is there a sinple electrical test probably so we can find out ?

Please let me know.

Thanks for info.

Ulli, ON5KQ