[Amps] 4CX1500A or 5CX1500A

To: "Amps@Contesting. Com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 4CX1500A or 5CX1500A
From: "David C. Hallam" <dhallam@rapidsys.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:36:18 -0400
I am building a passive grid driven HF amplifier which started out for a
4CX1500A.  I have since acquired a 5CX1500A tube and socket.  Since these
two tubes are almost identical, is there any advantage one over the other.
Changing to the 5CX1500A would require not much more than removing one tube
socket and replacing it with an almost identical one.  About the only
circuit change required would be if I decided to apply potential to G3 of
the pentode.

David C. Hallam
KC2JD