Re: [Amps] Power cord to use when converting AL-80B to 240 volts?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Power cord to use when converting AL-80B to 240 volts?
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 18:23:44 -0400
I have no problem about the current rating as I know it's 1/2 at 120 Vac. I
just dont like to run a white wire as a hot wire or especially a ground. I do
remember though about re-coloring the wire as you mentioned but I don't know if
that is permissable now either. It would be better to do that though than
nothing at all. If you use a four wire cord with a three wire plug, you just
dont use the white in it unless it's needed. Most just cut it off even with the
cable sheath. Looks like they'd make a three wire colored black black green or
black red green but they dont that I know of. Plus that still leaves the
necessary grounding for safety.