Re: [Amps] alpha 87a and Pro II question

To: Gudguyham@aol.com, desk@nwlink.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] alpha 87a and Pro II question
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 07:10:51 -0500
At 07:00 AM 10/11/2005, Gudguyham@aol.com wrote:
>Sounds like power spiking to me.  This was a problem that ICOM had for  some
>time now.  No matter where you have the RF drive level set to, there  is an
>instantaneous output of FULL POWER for a split second, then after  that split
>second the power drops to the "set" level.

I had the same power spike issues with my IC-781s and Alpha 87As. Now this
may come as a shock to some but I fixed it by READING THE MANUAL for the ICOM.

Of course I KNEW how to tune up a radio -- don't need no stinkin'
manual.  But when
I set the radio up per the manual I no longer got a spike.  Don't
know about the Pro II
but it sure made a difference with my 781s.

John W0UN