Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A and PROII

To: Dan Eskenazi <desk@nwlink.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A and PROII
From: Vic K2VCO <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 09:29:26 -0700
Dan Eskenazi wrote:
> thanks to all who wrote re the problem I am having with
> the amp and pro.
>
> i tried the suggestion of putting my old TS850 back on line, and sure
> enough, with QSK it trips the fault as well.  same indicator..fault ONE,
> something
> about the Receive PIN voltage.
>
> so I now know its in the amp.

Not for sure.  Try this with the 850 in CW QSK mode:

1) Adjust the power output control to give you about the amount of drive
that you need.

2) Back off the carrier control until the output of the 850 just starts
to drop.

This will ensure that there is no spike.  If you STILL get the problem,
then it's the amp.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco