Re: [Amps] AC wiring

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AC wiring
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:17:09 -0500
I agree with you Tony.  I ran a new 240 VAC circuit for my Alpha which
specifies 20A.  I used 10 AWG for the run to ensure least voltage drop over
the 100 foot path from the mains panel and put it on a 30A breaker.  I think
the difference in cost from 14 AWG wire and 20A breaker was less than $5.
This was back in 1995, so the cost difference is likely a bit higher now
with increased cost of copper.

73, Keith NM5G