Re: [Amps] AC Wiring 400 amp

To: rdjmgmt@socket.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] AC Wiring 400 amp
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:38:29 EDT

In a message dated 10/20/2005 12:24:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rdjmgmt@socket.net writes:

Gentlemen, may I make an addition to the AC wiring notes. It took  a
little talking to the power company but I had them install a 400  amp
transformer on my pole in front. It has a 380 amp commercial rating,  400
amps residential. I have a 400amp breaker with fuses at the base of  the
pole. From the pole I ran 200amp service to my house and 200 amps to  my
shack this way there is no worry about voltage drop.
I told the elec  company I was going to install a mill, lathe and other
machines in the  garage but I never got around to it after the 400 amp
service was  installed.

Rich, kd0zz

GREAT... I want to know....Did the PoCo. charge you anything or did they
install the tranny at their expense?