Re: [Amps] Mobile high power

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Mobile high power
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:08:45 -0400
Dick,

Yea, there was some mobile tube manufacturers who used to supply a generator
with the amp. It supplied like 115/230 Vac 3 phase to a transformer. There were
some that took alternators and removed the rectifiers getting around 14-18 Vac
three phase or so. They fed a transformer this way but you have to run big
cable. They have some generators for 115/230 at Northern Hydraulics which can
be mounted with a pulley and will do the same think. I'm not sure what there
KVA rating is though. These are single phase if I recall. There some of these
being made today I know about. The good thing is, this keeps one from having to
use an inverter circuit off 13.8 Vdc. Inverters are ok for small tube amps, but
for anything say over 500+ watts, I'd want to use a generator.

Best,

Will