Re: [Amps] Buyer beware!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Buyer beware!
From: "David C. Hallam" <dhallam@rapidsys.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 07:11:11 -0500
I've had one similar experience with a ham in KY.  I asked about parts for a
Butternut antenna on another reflector and got a reply from him.  He stated
that a ham friend of his had seen my post and told him about it.  We agreed
on the price for the parts and I sent him a MO.  Later no parts, no reply to
emails, and no answer to a letter to his address.  I looked him up in
QRZ.com and it was a good call sign, name, and address.  I contacted his
"friend" who had never heard of him.

I sent my $2 in to the USPS who came back after the required time and said
that the MO had been cashed.  I reported it to the Postal Inspectors, but
obviously it wasn't enough money to get them excited about investigating the
fraud.

David C. Hallam
KC2JD