Re: [Amps] Titan 425 amp

To: n4vos@bellsouth.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Titan 425 amp
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 07:59:16 EST

In a message dated 10/29/2005 9:12:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
n4vos@bellsouth.net writes:

Hey Guys  got a Problem

Got the Titan hooked up and seems to be  working fine except for one thing. I
get full output power good plate current.  But the grid current deflects when
I talk on SSB  But Idle current seems  to be fine.

Ron

The Titan uses a pair of 3CX800A7 tubes in GG.  There will be no grid
current when idling, when you speak you should get positive grid current.   If
your
meter deflects negative, I think you will find that your grid meter  shunt
resistor is opened.  It should be a small value resistor in the  tenths of an
ohm, if you isolate that resistor and measure it, you will probably  find out
it
may be opened.  Try that first.  If anything else was  wrong, the amp would
probably not operate normally.  73  louie