Re: [Amps] Aluminum alloys for panels?

To: dhallam@rapidsys.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Aluminum alloys for panels?
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 04:30:34 -0800
On Nov 15, 2005, at 2:07 PM, David C. Hallam wrote:

> Jim,
>
> 5052 will work OK.

For building 8171 PSUs, screwed and glued Douglas Fir 0.75" ADX plywood
is quite satisfactory.  For 8281 amplifier PSUs, I would go with 1.0"
plywood, and for 8349s, 1.25" -  with lead-lining, of course ,

> Go to you local metal salvage yard, i.e., scrap yard and
> see what you can find.  I have gotten some pieces of aluminum sheet at
> attractive prices.  Don't worry about what alloy it is.

In the L. A. area:
  Industrial Metal Supply
8300 San Fernando Road, Sun Valley, CA
(818) 729-3333
sells new, sheet aluminum cut to order at reasonable prices.