Re: [Amps] Question about safety ground connection

To: garyschafer@comcast.net, craxd1@verizon.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Question about safety ground connection
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:24:13 EST

In a message dated 11/15/2005 10:12:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
garyschafer@comcast.net writes:

It  doesn't matter which wire you use as hot and which one is switched  when
connected to a switch. I have a wiring book that has two different  examples.
One way white is hot to the switch and the other example black is  hot to the
switch.

You should always mark a white wire that is used  as hot with black tape at
both ends to identify it as a hot wire.
It is  also common practice to come into the bottom of the switch with the
always  hot wire and go out the top of the switch with the switched  wire.

73
Gary  K4FMX

If you use my method, you will not have to mark the wire at the lamp to
determine which is the hot leg at the lamp.  The power coming up from the
switch
will be a black wire and yopur white wire is already there.  Do it  the other
way.....someone will know you are not a pro and were reading those DIY  books.
 We all want to work like pros RIGHT?