Re: [Amps] hit a wall on bi-directional couplers

To: Bob Alexander <realex@flash.net>, amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] hit a wall on bi-directional couplers
From: Dan Sawyer <dansawyer@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:41:47 -0800
Bob,

Second quick follow up on the role of the Faraday shield. I reviewed a
second, 20th addition of the handbook today. The second diagram with the
horizontal shield is still, unchanged, in that version.

1. what is the role of the Faraday shield?

2. can the capacitor and diode be removed, and leave only the 50 Ohm
termination resistors?

Thanks - Dan