Re: [Amps] SB-200 on WARC

To: Thomas Tanbäck <tkteknik@telia.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-200 on WARC
From: Vic K2VCO <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 08:54:28 -0800
Thomas Tanbäck wrote:
> Is it safe to tune up a Heath SB-200 on 30-17-12 M bands, in view of the HV
> rf choke?
> I assume the input bandpass filters is proper adjusted for this bands...

Possibly not on 17 M.  But in any case you can check this with a grid
dip meter.  Temporarily solder a jumper across the choke and then (with
power off, of course) look for a resonance.  If it is within a MHz or so
of the frequency at which you plan to operate, you may have a problem.

If you have an antenna analyzer you can accomplish the same thing by
disconnecting the plate side of the choke and (no jumper this time,
obviously) measuring the impedance of the choke.  Look for dips
indicating series resonances.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco