Re: [Amps] Help with first project (4-1000A ???)

To: efoltyn@adelphia.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Help with first project (4-1000A ???)
From: "wc6w@juno.com" <wc6w@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 21:14:00 GMT
Hi Ed,
  Here is link to some ancient Eimac data for the 4-1000A in GG.

http://wc6w.50webs.com/wc6wamps/index.html?fr53.html

  Looks as long as you have sufficient plate voltage, 100 watts drive will be
adequate for 1.5KW out.

  If you don't have enough plate voltage available then, adding a bit of screen
voltage (still RF grounded) will increase the gain for you.

73 & Good afternoon,
  Marv WC6W

P.S. -- There is always this option, if the amp doesn't work out:

http://wc6w.50webs.com/wc6waccy/index.html?fr60.html

From: "Edward Foltyn" <efoltyn@adelphia.net>

<snip>