Re: [Amps] 2KW $1000 amp kit

To: "Jason Buchanan" <jsb@digistar.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 2KW $1000 amp kit
From: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 23:35:58 +0100
I would not pay 1$/Euro a watt.
It looks as old amps like TL922, L4B,SB-220 etc.
cost more used then new.
I would not consider an amp kit selling like mad,
who is able to properly solder a PL259 plug nowadays
or knows how to finsd a fault in his linear?
What is the cost of a man hour in the electronic industry?
Ham amps will not be producable like cell phones.
How long will it take to assemble and test the amp?
What about warranty? (2 years in Germany),
I understand the high prices quite well, but prefer to built
amps myself anyway

73
Peter

Von: "Jason Buchanan" <jsb@digistar.com>