Re: [Amps] Anyone using the OM2500 HF Amp?

To: "Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Anyone using the OM2500 HF Amp?
From: "F5HRY" <f5hry@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 21:48:52 +0100
Hello you guys,

Yes, we do use one of these amps, a second being on the way ...
Hard to have a definitive opinion, as we've tried it only once in
FY, as a multiplier PA.

But it appears to be a good choice :
- Delivering as much W as the manufacter says, as far as we've
tried it single phased only
- Very good output_power/cost ratio
- Carefully built, on a classical modern design
- Large low cost tube
- Easy to use (as far as you like bargraphs)

Some points that may be improved :
- The T/R HF relay, surprinsingly small (but seems to handle the power)
- The blower, probably too short for rough conditions (but OM Power can
provide
a tougher one)
- The plate and load commands, directly linked to the variable capacitors
without vernier
dials, making the amplifier a bit tricky to tune on the higher bands

However, OM Power amps are definitly worth trying ! An ALPHA look
with more output power at a lower price.

Vy 73
Herve F5HRY

FY5KE Contest Team
www.fy5ke.org