Re: [Amps] T networks and harmonics

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] T networks and harmonics
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 08:03:44 +0000
carl s. wrote:
> How , and /or where does Our
>  Wonderful FCC , expect the "average" Ham to "buy and or borrow" the
>the required "expertise and/or equipment to check all this output
>stuff.????

If most of us can't measure our harmonic output levels, that is a strong
argument for amateurs to design their transmitters to minimize them.

A Pi-L network will have better harmonic suppression than a straight
Pi... but multi-wafer progressive shorting bandswitches are hard to
find. On the other hand, you can get even better harmonic suppression by
leaving the existing Pi-network amp alone and adding band-switched coax
stubs, as used for multi-tx contesting.

--
73 from Ian GM3SEK