Re: [Amps] AM-495

To: crawfish@surfmore.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] AM-495
From: "Bill L. Fuqua" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 21:36:14 -0500
Yes,
    It had push pull 4x150A final. I replaced them with 4CX250B and used the
full inductance of the plate coil and paralleled the capacitors that were
previously in series. Since the capacitance was quadtrupled the resonance was
halved. Also made a pi network out of it by adding a loading capacitor. It
tuned 20 meters just fine and 15 meters as well.

73
Bill wa4lav