[Amps] Transformer book

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Transformer book
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:39:48 -0500
All,

A few on here were interested in titles of book on transformers. I got one
today I'd like to recommend on inverter/converters, and transformer design for
them. It is actually a colplete design guide for vibrator power supplies but is
the same thing. This book shows how to design transformers for this purpose,
and gives several worked examples. There's not much difference in designing
these, and ones for 60Hz AC, except the form factor which is 1 for these types,
and 1.11 for an AC sine wave. They also give several types of steel to use
including conventional and square-loop types. Anyhow, I would recommened it to
anyone wanting to understand either type. Just switch out the vibrators with
transistors and you have the same thing as todays inverter/converters. All
that's different is the tickler winding for the transistors bases. That's
generally a 5 volt center tapped winding added extra that a vibrator dont need.

Book; Mallory Vibrator Data Book
"Fundamental principles of vibrator power supply design"
135 pages
Published in 1947 by P.R. Mallory & Co., Inc.
No ISBN number included.

Best,

Will