Re: [Amps] QSK

To: Joe Isabella <n3ji@yahoo.com>, amps@contesting.com (Amps)
Subject: Re: [Amps] QSK
From: jkearman@att.net (Jim Kearman)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:37:03 +0000
From: Joe Isabella <n3ji@yahoo.com>
> You really need to lighten up.

Likewise, Joe, because I didn't criticize your favorite modes of operation, or
imply that any given use of technology is unsat. You did. I _suggested_ people
use a memory keyer to reduce mistakes and fatigue in pileups. You equated that
to robot stations. You think using a memory keyer is too easy, but there are
thousands of QRPers who would say the same thing about your Henry, or even your
ricebox or Viking clone. Especially given the bandwidth a DSB AM signal
consumes. There _is_ plenty of room for us all, and impugning people by making
comparisons like that was out of line. I was using CW for almost a decade
before you were born, as a civilian and in the military. I first worked for
ARRL 12 years before you were licensed. When you upgraded to Tech, maybe you
used Now You're Talking, or the ARRL license manual, which I edited about the
time you upgraded. I've spent a great part of my life helping people get
started in ham radio, no matter what their interests, even if they
 were no-coders. So, no, I don't take it as a joke when someone jumps on me for
suggesting a simple device that has been around longer than you have.

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://kr1s.kearman.com/