Re: [Amps] QSK

To: "Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] QSK
From: "Robert Chudek" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:41:48 -0600
Allrrriiiight... Y.A.P.C. (Yet Another Pissing Contest)...

Boy... you sure can tell a major DXpedition has recently shut down... All
the jousting has turned from the pileups to the reflectors!

But I'm getting a kick out of this as I read all the volleys, back and
forth... The banter reminds me of the Monty Python "Four Yorkshiremen" skit
that, in part, went like this:

Terry Gilliam: But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were
poor.
Michael Palin: Aye. BECAUSE we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me,
"Money doesn't buy you happiness."

Eric Idle: 'E was right. I was happier then and I had NOTHIN'. We used to
live in this tiiiny old house, with greaaaaat big holes in the roof.

Graham Chapman: House? You were lucky to have a HOUSE! We used to live in
one room, all hundred and twenty-six of us, no furniture. Half the floor was
missing; we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of FALLING!

TG: You were lucky to have a ROOM! *We* used to have to live in a corridor!

MP: Ohhhh we used to DREAM of livin' in a corridor! Woulda' been a palace to
us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up
every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House!?
Hmph.

EI: Well when I say "house" it was only a hole in the ground covered by a
piece of tarpaulin, but it was a house to US.

GC: We were evicted from *OUR* hole in the ground; we had to go and live in
a lake!

TG: You were lucky to have a LAKE! There were a hundred and sixty of us
living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road.

MP: Cardboard box?

TG: Aye.

So carry on Bruce's... you guys are very entertaining!  :-)

73 de Bob - K0RC