Re: [Amps] [BULK] - DIN stands for....?

To: "'Steve Thompson'" <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] [BULK] - DIN stands for....?
From: "Martin Sole" <msole@loxinfo.co.th>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:15:48 +0700
Hi,

Steve said,

Personally, I like D types. OK - it's a pain making the panel hole, but even
low cost ones are decent connectors. Pay a few pennies more, and you get
something really nice.

Steve

Me too, I usually make up a short tail with the DIN plug on one end to go in
the rig then fit a suitable free D type at the other end. I do seem to
recall though that regular D types are only rated for a few, maybe 100+
connects and disconnects. There are others apparently rated for regular
re-connection.

Seems this was a while back so maybe they are better now.

73 from steamy Bangkok
Martin HS0ZED