Re: [Amps] Not in this lifetime

To: "noddie" <noddie@comcast.net>, amps@contesting.com (Amps)
Subject: Re: [Amps] Not in this lifetime
From: jkearman@att.net (Jim Kearman)
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 13:42:31 +0000
From: "noddie" <noddie@comcast.net>
> Can you explain this in more detail please?

Some email clients and mail servers can be set to challenge email from unknown
senders, requiring some sort of validation before letting the email go through.
Usually you only have to reply to the message sent by the server. Once you do
that your email address is added to an 'approved' list and you won't have to do
it again.

In this case, the bounce appears to have come from an email sent by an
individual, not the AMPS reflector. It's a nuisance for sure, but so is spam,
about which we really shouldn't get into a discussion, right? Let's just say
that the email addresses of all who post to AMPS show up in the archives, for
easy stealing by spambots. So if you reply directly to an AMPS user, or CC the
user in a reply, you may get one of these notices. It's a reflection of the
times we live in. Think of it like PL on a repeater.

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://kr1s.kearman.com/