Re: [Amps] HB amps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] HB amps
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 07:29:50 +0000
Bill Turner wrote:
> [...]

An 813 only has 125W dissipation, so by today's standards they are small
tubes. You'd need four to equal a single 3-500Z, which will glow just as
nicely.

A pair would be struggling to reach even the "1kW input class", and the
clean linear output is unlikely to be more than 400W. Even if you have a
box full of 813s, is it worth the effort of building such a small amp?

--
73 from Ian GM3SEK