Re: [Amps] Speaking of PIN T/R switches

To: "Jim Kearman" <jkearman@att.net>, "Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Speaking of PIN T/R switches
From: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@wwnw.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 15:58:18 -0800
Jim: About 10-12 years ago I had frequent contacts with K5CX now (SK) in
Oklahoma, an excellent high speed CW operator. He had built a QSK system for
a 3-1000Z linear using a power rectifier as a PIN diode switch. I wanted to
know more about it so he sent me several pages of information including a
schematic. The diode used for the power switching was a 6A6. I believe that
I found it to be a Motorola device but my memory is rather hazy on that.
  Can anyone help identify the 6A6 and maybe a modern equivalent? I believe
there was an article in Ham Radio about using a small power rectifier as a
PIN replacement in a VHF rig. Again, my memory is hazy on that. 73, Dan,
N5AR