Re: [Amps] Parasitic Suppressor 4-1000A

To: "'R@contesting.com;Measures'" <r@somis.org>,"'Steve Thompson'" <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Parasitic Suppressor 4-1000A
From: "Saandy" <alexeban@bezeqint.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 21:09:45 +0200
?.i?ll try to explain.

First of all, it?s perfectly true that each and every amplifier has its own
peculiarities and its own particular solution.

What I tried to stress is the fact that this tube needs those values as a
starting point. At least I can vouch that those values ate found in mine and
working well. The one problem with the grounded grid is that there is no
phase reversal in the stage. That means that any small unwanted coupling can
wreak havoc.

In your case I tend to estimate that the plate has a parasitic resonance
around 21MHz and that?s the problem.

BTW, the suppressors are usually quite wideband devices, so that except for
the fact that more inductance is probably needed, the damping produced by
the 23.5 ohms resistors should be enough. Actually the inductance value of
the suppressor dictates the coupling of the resistors to the plate circuit,
thus the loading on the plate line. in any case , this is just a starting
point. It is simply one corroborated by theory and actual fact.

Saandy        4Z5KS