Re: [Amps] CHASSIS

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] CHASSIS
From: Larry Keith <kq4by@rocketmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 07:17:11 -0800 (PST)
Well, a quick search through the Hammond site and the Mouser site produced the
following results:

17 x 14 x 3 steel chassis (PN 1441-38)   $46.69...

17 X 10 X 3 aluminum chass (PN 1444-32) $29.55..

>From an economic standpoint, I think it would be difficult to build an
>equivalent chassis for the same price..  If you need a chassis that ain't a
>standard size, then construction is always an option.

Of course, if you enjoy cutting/drilling/assembling sheet metal and brackets,
that is another story..  And, if you prefer the wood look and like that
challenge, the local "home improvement" center can provide the materials for
many days of activities..

Me?  I think I will buy the chassis..

73,

Larry