Re: [Amps] Trichloroethene

To: <la6lha@xi.no>, "Rex Lint" <rex@lint.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Trichloroethene
From: "Jim Tonne" <tonne@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:24:19 -0500
Once upon a time, long, long ago, I was cleaning up a
1 kW broadcast tramsitter that used motors to run the
variable caps for tuning.  Some of the motors were very
dirty and straining to even move.  I decided to get some
kerosene or anything at all to clean them.  Someone told
me of a solvent called Varsol and where to get it (at a
truck stop).  I went there and they were out of it but
suggested diesel fuel instead.  I shrugged my shoulders
and got a gallon or so.  Went on back to the transmitter
site and pulled one of the motors and opened the can of
fuel.  WHOA!  And here I thought diesel had that gosh
awful stink as a result of burning.

Anyway, I remember the name Varsol, for what that's
worth.

- Jim Tonne