Re: [Amps] Trichloroethene

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Trichloroethene
From: "Jose M. Valdes R. YV5LIX" <yv5lix@cantv.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:51:16 -0000
Jim,

Varsol, also know as Shellsol is widely use around the word in large
industrial laundries in the process know as "dry-cleaning" and contains
hydrocarbon derivatives; Varsol is an excellent cleaner/degreaser, it may
cause skin irritation so the use of gloves is recommended.

Varsol is safe to use in electrical/electronic components as long as they
are not plugged to an electrical outlet, it evaporates rapidly and after it
dries is totally odor less, I have use it many times to clean old rigs such
as Drake's C lines and Yaesu's FT-101 using a new paint brush and a hand
sprayer.

73/DX Jose M. Valdes R. (Joe) YV5LIX
eQSL.cc Advisory Board Member
QSL manager EA7FTR