Re: [Amps] Amp faceplates

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amp faceplates
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 11:40:16 -0500
John,

That's true, manufacturers use silk screened cabinets. These are for home-brew
projects where the cost of a silk screen would be very expensive for a one time
job. I used to make these smae labels when I built automated
welding/positioning equipment. They hold up well and have a strong adhesive. If
one wanted to cut them out close enough, with an Exacto knife or scissors, you
cant hardly tell they're a label. To really preserve them, you could cover the
entire face of the amp with a clear plastic overlay. If the surface is clean
though when you apply them, they'll last forever anyhow unless they're abused.
This is similar to the labels Pete spoke of but are in sheets instead of
strips, plus have dial/switch markings.

Best,

Will