Re: [Amps] I gotta tell this

To: craxd1@verizon.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] I gotta tell this
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:20:56 EST

In a message dated 3/24/2006 6:13:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
craxd1@verizon.net writes:

All,

This is way off topic, but I have to tell it. I was in the  market for a new
Army jacket, a M-65 to be honest, and an olive drab one as I  hate camo. Some
on here will know the one I'm talking about. I had to finally  retire my old
one that I've had since I was about 17 because of the holes in  the inside. To
me, these were one of the most comfortable and warm jackets  there was. Back
in the early 80's you could pick a used surplus jacket up at  any Army&Navy for
about $5-$10. The insulated liner also for about $5-$10.  I got to looking
for one on ebay and about fell out of the chair when I seen  the prices on
them.
The camos are cheap, but the olive drab was rediculous.  Some surplus as high
as $75 for a new one. Even worse, I seen Abercrombie and  Fitch had made a
copy, and even made it look warn. These were selling from $75  wholesale to
$200
retail! Evidently, these must be in style now big time? I  just absolutely
can't believe these prices for used or even new surplus field  jackets
! All I can figure is it's the younger generation driving up the  prices to
be in style? Back in my day, we were considered a slouch for wearing  them!

Just don't know these  days,

Best

I guess you may have seen the latest TV commercial with the young girl
asking her Dad for $80.00  for "these jeans",  He asks who sells them,  buys
their
stock and gives his young daughter the 80 bucks for the jeans.   Moral of
story....buy stock in the company that is selling this jacket :-) 73  Louie