Re: [Amps] "I gotta tell this"

To: amps@contesting.com (Amps)
Subject: Re: [Amps] "I gotta tell this"
From: jkearman@att.net (Jim Kearman)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:04:51 +0000
From: R@contesting.com;Measures <r@somis.org>

> It seems to me that this nation over reacted to the 2900 being killed
> on 9-11 because nobody seems to freak out at the 2900 people who are
> killed every 6-weeks in this country by drunk drivers.

According to MADD, the 2004 number worked out to 1926 people every six weeks.

<http://www.madd.org/stats/1112>

Drunk driving and attacks by foreign nationals on U.S. soil are completely
different issues, however, and it serves neither to lump them together.

If we're going into politics, maybe we could discuss the ramifications of the
widening gap between Russia and the U.S. If the Russians cut off the supply of
power tubes to the U.S., a lot of us will have to go QRP!

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://kr1s.kearman.com/